Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Very Sad Day

I'm heartbroken to report that my beloved friend and client Lisa (LK Madigan) passed away this morning.

Lisa was not only a dear friend but a truly remarkable writer. I had the great privilege to help bring two of Lisa's books into the world, and I hope that through those stories, many many more readers will have a chance to be touched by Lisa's brilliance, humor, heart and generosity of spirit in the years to come.

I know that many of you knew Lisa, at least online or through her books, and had her in your thoughts during her illness. She cared deeply about her readers and her community of writers, and I feel certain that your support and good wishes meant, and continue to mean, a great deal to her and to her family. And to me, as well.

Plans for a memorial will happen in the coming days and weeks. Meanwhile, I think that Lisa would encourage you all to give great big hugs to your friends and family, and follow your dreams, as she did.

Thank you all so much, and please take care of yourselves.

Love,

Jennifer




For more about LK Madigan, please visit her blog.  For the adorable story of her first book deal, go here. For the possibly even more adorable story of her long-awaited Mermaid Book, go here.  For the entries where she memorably channeled Tim Gunn, go here.  For an interview where she dishes about the Morris Award and more, go here.


To buy FLASH BURNOUT or MERMAID'S MIRROR, follow the links or visit your local independent bookstore.