Monday, January 03, 2011

Slightly Self-Serving Link Roundup, plus a plea

NEWS, SELF-FLUFFING & RANDOM STUFF I'VE BEEN MEANING TO SHARE:

* My fave blog Editorial Anonymous is back from hiatus, with a couple posts about Agents right up top.

* Several famous authors were asked to talk about their agents in the latest Horn Book. Here's one of my clients talking about me.

* A blog in which three agents (one of whom is me) give three pieces of advice. I sort of rant a bit, but.

* Here's a superb article on productivity: If it won't fit on a Post-It, it won't fit in your day. (Full disclosure: I read it, appreciated it, then promptly disregarded it and made my to-do list on a large whiteboard.)

* In case you missed it over the weekend, here's a new Open Thread for the new year. There are A TON of really great questions being asked in comments, feel free to chime in or add your own!

* Several clients have had good news lately: Tara Kelly's HARMONIC FEEDBACK is a YA Cybils Finalist. Daniel Pinkwater's ADVENTURES OF A CAT-WHISKERED GIRL is a Smithsonian Notable Children's Book for 2010. Kate Messner's SUGAR AND ICE was Amazon's Best Middle Grade book for December. Am I missing any good client news? If so, remind me in the comments and I'll add it!


NOW FOR THE PART WHERE YOU HELP ME:

I want cheering up. So what is going on in YOUR world? Any great news to share?